Welcome To Laurelwood Family Dentistry
At Laurelwood Family Dentistry, we’ve been serving the needs of Kitchener-Waterloo for more than 20 years.
Our passion is to build relationships in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and provide the highest quality of personal dental care with a gentle touch.
Our professional dental team is committed to serving you and your family with the utmost care and understanding.
Our dedication and understanding of the dental health profession allows us to ensure your excellent oral health through awareness, education, and comprehensive treatment.
It is our privilege to work with you.
Meet the Friendly Dentists at Laurelwood Family Dentistry
Meet Dr. Parker
Dr. Parker is a lifelong resident of Kitchener-Waterloo. He and his wife, Sheila have 3 children who are well into their education and careers. They enjoy boating during the summer and have been involved in the Canadian Power and Sail Squadron and Rotary International.
Meet Dr. Stone
Dr. Stone resides in Waterloo with her husband, Kevin and 3 young boys. She enjoys outdoor sports like skiing and cycling "If she finds the time". She maintains a busy life with her family and their involvement in a variety of activities in the community.
Meet Dr. Kanaan
Dr. Lana Kanaan grew up in Waterloo and went from being a Cedarbrae Blue Jay in Kindergarten to a Waterloo Warrior at the University of Waterloo. She obtained her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Detroit Mercy, and received an award of merit from the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry. She returned to Waterloo after her dental education to give back to the community that helped raise her. When she's not spending time with family, you can find her at the gym, playing soccer, and practicing on her guitar.
Meet Dr. Tomkun
Born and raised in Waterloo, Dr. David Tomkun has always taken great pride in his city. After obtaining his Bachelor of Science and Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Western Ontario, Dr. Tomkun returned to Waterloo to begin the next exciting chapter in his dental career. He is very pleased to be joining the team at Laurelwood Family Dentistry. When he is not working, Dr. Tomkun enjoys playing sports like basketball and softball with friends and experimenting with new recipes on the barbecue.
Dental Services from Laurelwood Family Dentistry
- Ways to enhance your smile with cosmetic dentistry
- Children’s dentistry
- Restoration of cavities/fillings
- Crowns, bridges, veneers, implants
- Periodontal therapy
- Nitrous oxide sedation
- Oral sedation
- Root canal treatments
- Tooth whitening
- Soft tissue laser surgery
- Dentures, partials, and complete
- Referral to specialists when necessary
Our clean and modern facilities
Comfortable and relaxing
Helpful Dental Tips from Laurelwood Family Dentistry
- Spend a minimum of 2 to 3 minutes brushing your teeth, twice a day. Most people only spend about 45 seconds. Be gentle and hold the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gumline.
- Electric toothbrushes are helpful for patients who do not have complete manual dexterity. There are a number of useful brushes on the market that will stimulate the gums while they cleanse the tooth surfaces
- A complete home care regimen must include flossing. Using dental floss once daily is the only way to clean plaque from the surfaces between the teeth.
- Usage of fluoride water or other products containing fluoride (for example, toothpastes and mouthwashes) is helpful to maintaining a healthy smile, but must be properly applied. Fluoride helps to strengthen the enamel of the teeth. It can also safely be applied to children’s teeth.
- Get regular dental check-ups and prophylaxis.
- A well balanced diet plays a vital role in your dental hygiene program, as the mouth inhabits acid forming bacteria, a natural process. This will be more in case of starches and sugars, as the acid will be formed when the bacteria act on them. This acid will cause enamel degradation, which is the starting point of any dental problem.
- A worn out toothbrush is less effective removing plaque and may harbour bacteria. Remember to replace your brush every 3 months.
- Use a brush with soft, round-ended bristles. Bristles that are too hard, worn or frayed, can damage teeth.
Get In Touch with Laurelwood Family Dentistry
Come and see us!
450 Columbia St. West, Waterloo, ON
Conveniently located at the intersection of Columbia St. W. and Fischer-Hallman Rd.
Email: Laurelwood Dentistry
Phone: (519) 746-6447
Fax: (519) 746-4924
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: 8:30am - 8pm
Thursday: 8:30am - 5pm
Friday: 8:30am - 1pm
Saturday*: 8:30am - 1pm
*Every second Saturday in the Fall and Winter